Saturday, July 14, 2012

Early Arrival & Early Departure

The Assumption: Knowing that some airports are 24/7 and assuming that Narita was the same

The Reality: They're open from 6am-11pm. . .






Sooooo, what I did was coordinate with the lady at Dulles about scheduling an overnight stay at ANA Crowne Plaza which was conveniently located nearby. Seeing as how my layover was about 15+ hours I sure as hell wasn't going to argue with the lady. And I did just that as soon as I touched down in Japan.

The first couple of pictures are of my room on the 15th floor. Needless to say the view was pretty nice.



As soon as I looked to my left I saw what appeared to be a few greenhouses' laying off in the distance, and what seemed to be a 'small' nearby village/town. So automatically taking note in how much light there was left and my energy too boot, I decided to say "what the hell again" and headed out to see what this "little nook" had to offer.































From what I could gather of my 15+ hours in Japan, I would have to say that Japanese culture is of defiante interest. Granted I only experieced a small fraction of what it had to offer - it defiantly left me wanting mor. And in the hopes of future travel, I plan to be back in the future (hoping to squeeze more than a day the next time :).

No comments:

Post a Comment